Do Your Part for our Planet
There are many things we all can do to slow climate change [which is essentially the emission of carbon dioxide and related gases]. Work to:
- Improve insulation on housing
- Install efficient water heating systems that don't run 24/7
- Install solar
- Install battery energy storage systems at the home and utility level
- Drive battery electric vehicles (142MPG is impossible with combustion engines and they can never be run on renewable energy, so they just have to go. They are *the* efficiency bottleneck of the transportation system. I've been driving an EV since May 2019 and logging all the stats in my EV energy and costs spreadsheet, I hope you find it helpful in making your decision to switch to an EV.
- Move to reusables instead of consumable (drinking bottles, utensils, etc)
It's not hard and they all make a HUGE difference to keep our planet Green and Clear Blue.
If you or your family are still buying crates of plastic water bottles please join me by buying one of these for your refrigerator, one of these to drink out of and one of these to easily clean those last two. Together, we can keep the oceans blue.